Tuesday, May 15, 2012

A beautiful weekend in the PNW

There's so much I want to write about and so many pictures to post with such little time!  We've had a ton of outdoor fun, Mother's Day, a new "toy", and some funny stuff happening around these parts.  I'll try to break it up into a couple of posts.

First, we've been enjoying some amazing weather and everybody seems to be soaking it up.  The last two springs have been miserable and I'm pretty sure everyone would like to just shut down all schools and businesses for the week just to sit outside!  We've definitely been making the most of it.  A couple of weeks ago we got the front yard fenced in.  I'm SO VERY HAPPY that we finally got it done!  Stella is big enough that we don't have to worry as much about her, but with a new walker I'd never have been able to relax out there with her for fear she'd toddle out into the driveway/road. 

I think the front yard at this house is at least as big as our entire back yard at our old house.  We can leave the side gate open and the girls (and dog) can pretty much have the run of the place.  It's such a change from last year when the yards were SO over planted (though I don't think I ever got around to posting about the mammoth job Jim did last year outdoors!)  We still have tons of work to do, but it's the fun stuff now.  Trees, plants, flowers, firepit... I'm looking forward to spending a whole lot of time outside this summer!

We got the girls a fun little sprinkler and I can just sit in the grass and watch them play - lucky mama!



Daddy helping our little chicken jump.
Lu in her clothes oohing at something.
She was pretty interested in it.
Oh, that bitty tongue!


Um, Mom... do you think she knows there are showers INSIDE our house?
Yes, Lula Bug did get to wear a bathing suit.
More "oohs" and pointing
Stella kept running up to it and then chickening out.  I "encouraged" her, but who am I kidding... she IS ME!
Come on...
sizing it up...
working up the courage... 
looking to Mama for reassurance...
She finally went!
...and stuck the landing.  Coach Erica would be proud!

I hope you've been able to get out in the sun and lets all cross our fingers that this summer turns around, I could get used to this!

No comments:

Post a Comment