Friday, November 16, 2012

Patience

People sometimes tell me they don't know how I have the patience to be a teacher.  Honestly, I'm not at ALL a patient person!  Other than everyone being healthy, it may be the one things I pray for most - being a more patient mama.

Being pregnant is rough for impatient people and about now I'm dying to know if this wee one is a he or a she!  I want to knit for it, shop for it, plan bedrooms, etc.

I have mixed emotions about it...  on one hand, I'd LOVE for all of us to get to experience having a boy (Stella is DYING for a brother) and I would love nothing more than to see Jim with a son.

On the other hand, I have pretty much zero experience with little boys.  I don't even think I've ever changed a boy's diaper!  I really have no desire to play with legos and GI Joe men (just as Jim doesn't want to play with dolls and barbies).  The room situation would also be so much easier if this baby is a girl.  But... I think what makes me want a girl the most is that we have a girl name that we are both over the moon CRAZY for!  It's totally unlike us have names that we like at this point (we still won't share until s/he's born), but I'll honestly be bummed not to get to use the name.  Isn't that ridiculous?!?!?!

Everything points to a boy so I'm trying to prepare myself to not get to use it and Jim's preparing himself for more estrogen in the house.  I'll be so very glad when we know and can do some planning!

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment