Saturday, October 20, 2012

Food and a fall picture dump!

First of all, let me vent about food for just a minute.  I didn't have issues with being sick with either of the girls.  Sadly, that wasn't the case this time around.  I seem to be over most of my nausea, but I can't seem to get past some of the aversions. Typically, Jim and I have very different tastes in food.  I'd love to eat veggies/pasta (ok, and cereal) for dinner every night and he's a meat eater.  Usually we can kind of work around it.  I can eat ground turkey and boneless skinless chicken breast so most dinners involve those and once in a while I'll make him something like meatloaf or a steak or he'll BBQ meat for himself and I'll just eat the rest of the dinner.

Lately I haven't wanted ANYTHING to do with any kind of meat. Since I try to do crockpot meals about twice a week during the school year it's made it difficult. I've made several dinners that would normally be ok and about half way through making it I know I'm never going to be able to eat it.  All I can think of to eat for dinner is the normal veggies/pasta or curry/Thai.  Meal planning has become a total nightmare!

Anyway, enough of the "poor me". We had a great little fall family day today.  We went to the pumpkin patch, stopped by a bridge I'd been wanting to take pictures on forever, and then carved pumpkins after dinner. The girls are both whooped! I didn't edit any pictures (because I'd have never gotten them posted - that's just the way life's going right now!) I have knitting sitting here next to me calling my name. ;)

And a note: this little 1 1/2 year old REFUSES to look at the camera!

And one more note: What the heck is going on with Blogger?  Everytime I check a preview it has a different font!  I have no idea what ugly thing you're seeing - sorry!















We were telling her to move her arms and she yelled at us, "I'M COLD!"














1 comment:

  1. You have two of the most beautiful girls I've ever seen!! They both have fabulous expressions. I had issues exactly like you are describing with my son. I couldn't even stand to look at meat, it was all I could do to even think about what to cook. I lived on butterscotch baking chips and bagels :(. Hope the rest of it treats you a bit better

    ReplyDelete