Friday, June 29, 2012

A quick little post about phone pics

School's out for summer and we've already been keeping busy! I was on our computer a week or two ago and the screen suddenly went black. I'm going to see if we can get it fixed in expensively for now, but I think we're going to have to make some computer decisions here pretty soon. We'd like to get a Mac but their pretty expensive and even worse, my Photoshop and all if my actions are for the PC so I'd lose everything! :( So... Only phone/iPad posting for a while here.

Anyway, I've seen a couple of posts lately with tips for taking iPhone pictures. None of them have been too earth shattering but there was one that stuck out and prompted a little experiment this morning.

Because I'm posting from the app, all of the pictures will appear at the end which isn't ideal but we'll go with it.

Since there's no way to adjust exposure on your phone you have to trick your phone camera sometimes. The girls were coloring by the window this morning and I wanted to catch it. So often you go for a pic like this and whatever you're trying to get is much too dark. You can adjust by tapping the screen and telling your camera where to focus. In the first shot I touched the trees outside the window. My camera adjusted for the light on them and you can barely see my lovelies.

In the second picture I tapped the floor in the very bottom of my screen (which would be the darkest place in my picture). When my camera adjusted for that it let in too much light and the picture is blown out. You can barely see the girls.

For the final picture I tapped on Lu's feet under the table. I can work with the exposure on that picture!

Try it out, it's kind of fun/interesting! Have a great weekend!

1 comment: