Monday, June 18, 2012

Father's Day

Father's Day was much more relaxing than Mother's Day!  We did a whole lot of nothing but hanging out - just the way we like it.  I did want to share the gifts we made for Jim in case you missed them on Pinterest, I really liked them (I even shared the idea with a couple of my students and one of my girls made her dad one too).

Plus, we just discovered Apple TV with Netflix and OH. MY. HECK!  I don't know if I'll ever get to watch anything on the TV in the front room again - that thing is AMAAAAZING!  If they'd only stream HULU plus I think I could entirely cancel our cable.

First, I interviewed Stella about her Daddy and I typed it up.  I saved it as a jpeg file and had it printed as a 5 x 7.  I'd seen the picture of the shadow sign on Pinterest and knew I wanted to do it, but we should have started much earlier...  Luckily, the weather cooperated on Friday and there was enough sun for a good shadow.  Sometimes the PNW sucks!
We just got a simple double black frame and framed them thinking he can put them up in his office.  
On Saturday, I had a sample of perfume on the counter and Jim mentioned that he'd like some samples.  Luckily, my little bean-spiller waited until he left the room to say, "but wait.  Mom, didn't you get him some?"  Yep - I got him the guys version of the cologne sampler from Sephora.  It's more $ than the girls, but still a great gift!  Stella gave Jim his card on Saturday so it's not in the picture - she couldn't wait.  So much like her mama! 
The other idea we got from Pinterest was filling empty bottles.  We made him chug iced Starbucks drinks (BLECH) so that we could have the bottles. The printables are made for pop containers so they didn't fit as well as they could have, but still cute.  Both girls had fun helping to fill them.

 Best present of all, just laying low and getting lots of time to snuggle his girls. *Once again, a post with mostly garbage cell phone pics - I can't wait for the iPhone 5 to come out so at least those pictures are a bit better!


Hope you all had a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment